Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday! I've been getting over feeling sick. I threw up five times on last Thursday and also had bathroom issues. So, Mommy and Daddy took me to the vet for a check-up. The doctor poked me in the arm with a huge evil needle to check my blood, and rule out a few medical possibilities. Turns out my blood work came back fine, as did the results of other testing done on me. I guess I just was under the weather with a virus or something. Mommy and Daddy continue to monitor me and make sure I am acting like I feel OK. The doctor also weighed me and it turns out that I lost two pounds during this sickness situation. My appetite seems a little better today, but I'm still not back to normal. Meanwhile, I've been taking a lot of naps since I don't have all my energy back to normal. Above you can see me napping on Daddy's lap this morning while he watch the early morning news on TV.

Later this morning Mommy tried to see if I felt up to playing with my toy Teenie Sardini. But, as you can see by these photos, I wasn't up to massive play time and had to take breaks. These photos show me resting my head on my arm propped up against the antique Humidor that is in the corner of the Family Room.

On the upside, Mommy and Daddy got some new everyday dishes to replace the worn out ones that they brought with them when we moved from California. I think the dishes are unique, interesting, and really cool looking. They have old-fashioned charm and character. Mommy and Daddy got them at an estate auction they attended in Rembrandt on Saturday. See photos of them below ...

The dishes includes a complete set of six. See one set in the photo above that Mommy has displayed on the kitchen table for this photo shoot she did for my blog.

The above photo is a close-up of what the dinner plates look like.

And above is a close-up of the coffee cup and saucer that goes with the dish set.

Have a lovely day. ~ Robert

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just got on the blog for the first time. I have one of those dishes- A large soup bowl just like your set and that is all. I'll have to show you sometime. It was one of my grandmothers from California. I recently got it out because I was going through a few sets of china passed down to me and it was in the boxes. I began a collection of kids dishes in college and when I saw it at my grandmas before she died in 2003, I said I would love to hold on to it. So I have it now.I love the design and want to look for more of them. I will try to add a pick of mine too.